So, I love this Meatloaf recipe from Cook Yourself Thin. Although, I do like to put my own spin on it. My favorite part is making them portion sized. They cook quicker and are much easier to serve.
Final product. I usually end up pairing it with sweet potatoes a lot.
Here are some images of the step by step process.
[Warning: These aren’t very fancy pics. I have a lot of work to do in that department.]
1. Saute onions. I added some garlic this time around.
2. Saute spinach until wilted. I added the spinach once the onions were soft. I’m not sure how the recipe says to do it.
3. Place a slice of bread (I toast a whole wheat slice first) in a food processor. Add milk to breadcrumbs.
4. Add spinach mixture to soaked breadcrumbs. As well as an egg and seasonings. I think the recipe calls for parmesan cheese too.
5. Then add turkey. Or whatever meat you like. I prefer just using turkey meat. And I don’t go for the extremely lean option.
6. Next you mold the loaves. I used a cookie cutter this time. But, the recipe says you can just use a 1-cup measuring cup.
Final product. Check the recipe for cooking time and how to make the glaze.