When I was pregnant, I decided to have what I called a “Mommy Shower“, instead of a “traditional” baby shower (or atleast what we know or have come to accept as traditional). Anyway, the idea behind my shower was for seasoned moms to provide me with advice and their experiences as first time moms while we enjoyed tea, sandwiches, and an array of delicious desserts. So, I created this scrapbook of pages with a few questions or themed statements that I wanted people to fill in. I think the book turned out really well, but unfortunately I didn’t put as much emphasis on people filling it out as I had planned and therefore it wasn’t filled out all the way. I also wanted to be able to replicate this idea for future moms. Since I am apart of this growing community of moms, maybe I can get them to help me fill this out.
Here are the questions:
1. THE BEST THING I DID AS A NEW MOM WAS. . .
2. ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE BEING A NEW MOM
3. BEFORE MY BABY WAS BORN, I WISH I HAD. . .
4. WHEN MY BABY WAS BORN, I FELT. . .
5. ONCE ME AND BABY CAME HOME, I FELT. . .
6. WHAT WERE SOME OF YOUR FEARS?
7. THINGS I DID TO PREPARE FOR MY BABY THAT WERE HELPFUL . . .
8. BEFORE I BROUGHT MY BABY HOME, I WISH I HAD
9. WHEN GUEST VISITED, I FOUND IT HELPFUL WHEN THEY. . .
10. I WISH SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME. . .
11. NEVER BE AFRAID TO. . .
12. HAVING A BABY IS . . .
13. MOTHERHOOD IS. . .
14. WHAT I LEARNED AS A MOM
15. HELPFUL TIPS
16. MUST HAVES
I’m sure my new mommy friends would have much different advice from my family members and friends who attended my shower. And I’m more than positive that the advice I would give to a new mom now is completely different from the advice I thought I needed when I was pregnant. But, honestly, that’s the whole purpose of this exercise.
How would you answer these questions? What questions do you think I’m missing? Or what questions/advice would you add?
Scanned Scrapbook Pages