1/2 c Natural Cane Sugar (or any sweetener)
6 c Cold Water
1/2 c Blackberries
1. Juice lemons preferably using a juicer. Should yield about 3/4c of lemon juice.
2. Combine lemon juice and natural cane sugar until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add water. This should result in a nice glass of lemonade. (may need more sugar but don’t add any yet)
Now, to make it purple;
4. Puree or muddle blackberries. Then strain to remove seeds.
[Be careful, blackberry juice stains, so you might want to wear an apron and have tons of paper towels or rags on hand.]
5. Add blackberry juice to lemonade creating desired color. You may need to add more than required to produce a true purple color. However, too much blackberry juice creates a more tart beverage.
6. Once mixed, add more sugar or water to taste.
[The blackberries act as a sweetener, but depending on their ripeness they may also make the mixture a little tart. There’s a bit of trial and error based on when you make this throughout the season.]