A while back, I used to own a cake business where I made these delicious bundt cakes. I had about 40 flavors and could make well over 100 various combinations.
Anyway, from time to time (or most of the time) I have a craving or taste for one of those pound cakes. But, I kind of get lazy and anxious for the whole process. I want my dessert now and I don’t always want it in cake form. So, that’s when I try to get creative.
I created this cinnamon bun pound cake a few years ago. It is super delicious and addictive. Today, I decided to turn it into some delicious cake squares. They were fairly quick and easy, and the bake time was half the time it would have been to make a whole pound cake.
Here’s the recipe
1tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Baking Soda
3/4cup Brown Sugar
Walnuts, Raisins optional 1/4cup should do
Cream Cheese Glaze
4oz Cream Cheese
1cup Powdered Sugar
- For cake: Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add eggs, and blend completely. Then add vanilla.
- Add half of flour mixture to batter. Blend well. Then add buttermilk. Blend, then add remaining flour mixture.
- Coat pan with butter and a little flour. Preheat oven to 350. Pour batter in pan.
- For filling: Blend together brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Should form clumps.
- Sprinkle filling over cake batter in pan.
- Then, use a knife or spatula to swirl batter and filling together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool!
- For glaze: Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in vanilla, then powdered sugar.
- Slowly pour in milk until desired consistency.
- Spread on cooled cake, if you can wait that long.
Try to not eat it all at once!