Well, it looks like I actually do have a recipe for these!!! I made a batch today, this time around, I made them smaller and also doubled the ingredients! I think I made the right decision by freezing the other half.
1T Baking Powder
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2c Brown Sugar
1. Combine all dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
2. Blend in cubed butter using using pastry blender. Mixture should be crumbly.
3. Blend in egg.
4. Add vanilla to buttermilk. Apply to dough a few tablespoons at a time until dough forms. Use a fork to help bring everything together.
5. Place dough on parchment paper or clean counter with flour to form.
6. For filling: combine all ingredients to form a crumble or spread. (Varies based on how much butter is used)
7. Spread out dough. Add 1/2 of filling mixture.
8. Fold dough in half, then flatten dough out a bit. (Do not over work it) Add the remaining mixture.
9. Fold dough in half then form dough into a circle. Maybe 8″ in diameter. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces.
10. You can leave the pieces together to bake, or place them on a different baking sheet. It’s best if they do not touch.
11. Bake at 350 for about 20 min.