We made some muffins this week, and I realized I don’t have this recipe on the blog. I came across it one day and was surprised of where I had entered it. I have been looking for this for awhile. I think I just made it up as I went along, the last time I made it.
*Edit: I actually forget that I posted a recipe. See how long I have been looking for notes on this, lol.
I made 2 slight adjustments this time around and I really enjoyed them.
2c Flour1c Grounded Oats
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
Dash of Nutmeg and Ginger
1c Natural Sugar* (1/2c)
1c Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
2c Grated Carrots*, about 3 med (2)
2c Grated Apples*, about 3 med(2, 1diced)
*I decided to cut down the sugar a little this time around. I also eyeballed the carrots and apples. I didn’t want to risk making the batter too wet. Instead of grating both apples, I actually diced one up. I liked the apple chunks.
1. Mix dry ingredients together; flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in medium bowl. Whisk well.
2. In a large bowl, add natural sugar, brown sugar and butter. Blend well.
3. Add in eggs, then vanilla. Make sure everything is blended well.
4. Grate carrots, then apples. Add to mixture.
5. Add flour mixture.
6. Scoop into muffin tins.
7. Bake 350 degrees for 15-20 min.